WIN INITIATIVE UPDATES
Support the Sports Commission in their pursuit of the long term development, design, construction, operation, maintenance, sales and marketing of tournament worthy sports facilities
Attend and participate at the McCracken County Sports Commission meetings advocating for outdoor fields in the City
Key Team Members:
- Partnered with Paducah Public Schools for a KHSAA Regional softball tournament.
- Held three regional cross country meets alongside St. Mary and MCHS
- Tournament was held at Stuart Nelson by the Disc Golf Club.
- Conducted staff training on field maintenance and safety.
- Hosted pickleball tournament in the dome.
- Asst. Director Amie Clark attends Sports Commission meetings. Clark and Director Thompson provided input to the Sports Commission’s consultants for site selection. Thompson provided specifications to County staff for the bid development on the portable wood flooring at the Expo Center.
- Director Amie Clark attends Sports Commission meetings bi-monthly. Sports Commission purchased portable wood flooring, goals, and nets for the Expo Center to host basketball and volleyball tournaments. The Commission is working with the Expo to purchase and install athletic curtains.
- McCracken County Schools partnered with the Expo and the sports commission to host a youth basketball league, as well as hosted middle school volleyball
- The McCracken County Fiscal Court and the McCracken County Sports and Tourism Commission in partnership with the City and several other agencies made an announcement in November about the future development of a sports complex at Bluegrass Downs, which is currently in design.
- Parks is also working with the Expo on a partnership to provide Pickleball Courts at the Dome site. Pending final approval, Parks will provide funding to stripe the site for 8 courts that will be open for public use when Dome is not inflated.